Engagement starts when you notice the people that are all around you. Don’t get lost in your own world. Take your headphones out of your ears. Look around. Make eye contact with strangers. Smile. Nod. Say hello. This will inevitably keep you present and available.
Enter into a conversation:
- Lead by asking for the person’s name. Repeat it. Say “Nice to meet you ‘Joe.’”
- It’s important that the person hears you calling him by name.
- It will also help you remember his name later on.
- If you end up praying for the person, do so by name.
- Offer your first name. There is no need to share your last name right out of the gate.
Read the full post >>>